Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Gone Fishin'

I have decided not to blog today. Or is it:
I have decided to not blog today.?

Believe it or not, I have been working on that sentence for 284 days now. And the only thing keeping me from skipping a day is the placement of those two words. I wake up each morning convinced of one or the other -- only to choke at the last minute; forced to be witty or brilliant once again, when all I want is one lousy day off!

I visit other blog sites. Usually in the middle of the night so as not to cause a stir by my celebrity. I'll poke around, read a few comments, check out the site design and move on . Occasionally, usually around a holiday, other bloggers take a day off. Sometimes they just don't show up that day. Sometimes they leave a terse message, like: "I am not blogging today. Back tomorrow." Sometimes they will warn their readers in the blog the day before.

I do, however, have a different philosophy from most of the other bloggers. Personally, I don't think we should take holidays off. First, because the "I have better things to do on a holiday" argument doesn't hold water. You are an Internet blogger, fer Chrissakes!. We already know you don't have a life! If you did, you wouldn't be posting your lame ass blogs everyday.

Secondly, there is only one Christmas, and one New Years Day, and one Fourth of July, and one St. Swithens Day, etc. So you only get one shot at each holiday every year. But there are 52 Tuesdays every year. Why not blow one of those off?

I'm not sure what's wrong with these young bloggers now-a-days. Why back when I was a young man . . . O.K., never mind. Even I saw that one coming.

Anyway, my point is . . . I have decided not to blog today. Or is it to not blog today? Whatever.

Happy Tuesday!

.

1 comment:

Midwestern Recluse said...

*Grins* Thanks for the compliment. Enjoy your day of Fishin' - you've got a GREAT blog!