Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Every Man a King

Apparently, Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. And I missed it. I blame Nancy Pelosi and that damned Tune-gate scandal. I got so caught up in my investigative reporting of that story that I lost sight of why we didn't get mail that day.

Isn't it ironic that blacks celebrate King's holiday by not working? And that the Monday mail holiday will make the welfare checks a day late this week?

Did you know that during the Million Man March only two people missed work that day?

I really do feel bad about missing Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so I plan to make up for it during February's Black Education Month. I plan to teach a black person something every day that month. Did you know a black man invented peanuts?

Oh, and don't forget February 7th. It is Take A Negro To Work Day. I hope mine likes beer and cigars -- I'm retired.

Which reminds me. Apparently you CAN drink too much vodka. I got so excited about the first episode of American Idol last night that I started celebrating too early and I'm pretty sure I missed it.

The opinions expressed by the author are the sole property of the Microsoft Corporation and are voiced only to fulfill a contractual obligation made while installing his internet browser.
.

No comments: