Monday, October 02, 2006

Taking a Little Me Time

I've decided to take the day off to re-organize my antique surgical instrument collection. It has been quite a while since I have been able to decently display the 18th century scalpels and I have no idea where I'm going to put the porcelain blood letting trays.

I suppose I will have to clear one of my bookshelves. Maybe I'll pack away my Time-Life series on Vivisection for Fun and Profit, although I will miss the color photos. But it is true what they say, you can only learn so much from books -- if you really want to learn something -- you have to get your hands dirty.

You know, I've always enjoyed this time of year. There is just something special about that curious blend of Autumn aromas; the crisp, clean smell of burning leaves and the coppery scent of a fresh kill. It is the kind of sensory input that triggers memories of other places and times.

I also like the Fall because the little ones are back in school and the mommies are free to wander the malls and run errands. Usually, when I find one to follow, there is no one else home for most of the afternoon . . . and I do so like to take my time. Sometimes it cracks me up how most of them think if they cooperate I will go easy on them or something. It's nice to think things.

Well, I don't have much time to write today. I'm still trying to find my Civil War era bone saw and there is a mommy named Debbie that goes to Starbucks everyday at 11:00. I don't think she's going to make it tomorrow.

No comments: