Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oral vs. Rectal Thermometers

A friend of mine was working his way around the pool the other day. He had a silly new joke and was cracking people up as he went.

If you imagine a sea of beautiful hard bodies lounging naked in the hot sun, sweat glistening on sensuous curves and flat bellies... you've never been to a nudist resort. Regular people, from regular lives are nudists. I assure you, maybe only 20% of us look like that.

So Mike was going from group to group, asking them, "What's the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer?" Some people gave it some serious thought and others merely shrugged and said, "What?"

HE would pause for effect and say, "The taste!" We all pretty much cracked up.

Naturally I took the question as more of a challenge than some of the others. I'd heard him ask the question of the people behind me so I was prepared when he got to us. He walked up to us, gave us his handsome, little boy grin and asked his question.

I paused a beat and said, "A rectal thermometer is measured in smaller increments."

He gave me a funny look and said, "Huh?"

"That way it is more anal." I explained.

"I hate you." He said and walked away.

No comments: