Sunday, September 24, 2006

Odds 'n' Ends

Here are a few odds and ends that have been bouncing around the ol' noggin'.

There a Thong in My Heart Tonight
(Sung to the tune of There's a Song in My Heart Tonight)

There's a thong in my heart tonight,
My cardiologist and nurse had a fight,
She was dressed very scanty,
I wound up with her panties,
There's a thong in my heart tonight!


Wendy's

We were at Wendy's the other day and we got to talking about how stores are named. I suggested that Wendy's was a originally a southern chain (the south isn't known for their spelling bees) and that the owners intended to call it Wednesday's. This was to compete with another famous southern chain T.G.I.Frisbees.


Cars

If Marlon Brando had been in the new Pixar film Cars he could have delivered the line, "I could have had glass. I could have been a car-fender. I could have been somebody, instead of a bumper -- which is what I am."


Cars and TVs

I read that the average home has more TV sets than people and that reminded me that, in the L.A. area, there are three cars for every person. My first thought on the second one was, "Well, that explains why the highways out there are so crowded." Then I thought about it for another second and came to the conclusion that even if everyone out there was in their car driving, that still left two-thirds of the cars parked. So the statistic was meaningless and was intended to elicit a knee jerk reaction. I guess the same thing goes for people owning multiple TVs. Although you can watch two TVs at once and you can't drive two cars at once. So never mind.


He Died and Went to Margaritaville!

Danny Flores, who played the saxophone and shouted the word "tequila!" in the 1950s hit song Tequila!, has died. He was 77.

No comments: