Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Drink Responsibly . . . but Drink!

What ever happened to responsibility? I am talking about being responsible for your actions as well as living up to your responsibilities (promises/obligations). We are living in a world where a handshake IS as good as someone's word. And so is a used tissue.

Our fingers always seem to point away from ourselves; transferring guilt or responsibility to others. I picture future generations of humans evolving into people with tiny, mostly useless arms. (Think T-Rex). The only things they will be good for is snacking, channel changing, text messaging, water volley-ball and finger pointing.

Yesterday we had a guest blogger, here at Escape Velocity. He was here by prior invitation as well as necessity. I was, in deed, too blotto to produce a coherent blog yesterday BUT I assumed that going in, and had it covered.

Someone asked me if I didn't have any blogs saved up for a rainy day. I explained, that would be like saving up sperm. "Excuse me, madam, I would be otherwise having sex with you, but I'm too drunk to make the effort. Never-the-less, I would like you to have this little bottle of my sperm and a promise to do better next time."

So, my buddy Danny played drunken goat herder, valet parking attendant, bed tucker-inner and guest blogger. And I am proud of him. Although I'm not sure why I slept in my rain soaked clothes on top of the covers and Nina was naked, dry, and powdered and woke up in his bed. He said something about something being easy and something about something else being hard at the same time. I am assuming he was talking about the varying degrees if difficulty we presented him . . . or something.

All I know is, at breakfast the next morning, I was able to sit there smug in the knowledge that I had a good time at the party the night before and that my blogging obligation was fulfilled. Danny and Nina were looking pretty smug, too. It's nice being able to share with your friends.

No comments: