Friday, February 16, 2007

Mars!

Mars is in the news again. It seems that, if there actually are Martians, they are probably microscopic. Some rocket surgeon scientist has come up with another possible reason to think that there might be (or has been) water on Mars. And somehow the possible presence of water makes them think life is there, too.


Mars!


Personally, I don't have any problem believing that there is life elsewhere in the universe. Some of it may even be intelligent life. (Unless liberal Democrats are not a local phenomenon.) And I understand that scientists think that water is a necessary component for life to exist. I just don't know why every time a scientist has another water scenario theory every one jumps on the Life on Mars bandwagon.

I'm sure it probably has something to do with the daily news cycle on the 24 hour news networks and their palpable need to justify their existance by turning minor events into wild speculation and uncalled for witch hunts.

As for life on Mars. I am totally open to the idea but I think I'll wait until there is actual, literal proof that it exists. It is pretty hard getting excited about the possibility of water on Mars when we still haven't figured out who is the father of Anna Nicole's baby. Now that's news!

.

No comments: