Sunday, May 07, 2006

Please Stand By...

I use MyYahoo as my homepage. I have several customized news pages set up for my own personal interests; news, entertainment, sports, politics and humor. I also get most of my email through a premium mail account. I say all of this to let you know I like MyYahoo. But it is still easy to get caught in the buzzsaw of beauracratic nonsense if you deal with their techno-geeks for anything.

They are currently testing their new Beta email system. It has a new interface with some cool features. It also has some things that I either don't like or wish they had included from the current (older) version. There is a link that is supposed to let you give them feedback on the Beta version. It is a dead or broken link. So I decided to send my feedback on the Beta version to the mail technical support people.

I got back an email saying they don't understand what problems I was having with the email and could I more fully explain what was happening so they could better serve me.

I wrote back and explained that I wasn't having a problem. I was just giving them some feedback or assessment of their new Beta email system. And I re-iterated the features I thought they could improve.

They wrote back and said they had tested my email system remotely and could not duplicate the conditions that were causing my problem.

I wrote back and asked if they had anyone who actually understood English. Then I re-explained myself. That I wasn't having a problem. I was just trying to give them some constructive feedback. And I explained what I didn't like about the new Beta email again.

They wrote back and asked me if I recently updated anything on my system that may account for the problems I was having on my end because everything was checking out on their end.

I wrote back and sarcastically thanked them for all their hard work and that thanks to them I was able to get my computer up and running again.

In the next two days I recieved three surveys asking me to rate my satisfaction with their technical service.

No comments: