Thursday, May 18, 2006

I Should Have Been a Rocket Surgeon

I took an on line I.Q. test about a month ago and scored 135 and I thought, "Cool, it am neat being smarterer than yesterday!"

This made me remember an I. Q. test I took when I was in grade school and I was curious how I scored back then. So I sat cross-legged in the attic, rooting through boxes of old papers until I came across my elementary school records. It turns out I tested 132 back then.

So, still out of curiosity (and a fear of being goofed on) I took another test on another web site and scored 135 again. I guess it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that I probably have an I.Q. of around 135.

According to the guidelines, anything over 130 is considered Genius. (Geeze, I hope all my old girlfriends and co-workers are reading this.) It also said I was in the top two percent of the world. (Which pretty much makes me a classic under-achiever.)

The second test site said my intellectual type is Facts Curator and that I did well because I retain an impressive collection of facts and figures. This seems cool, too, but I can't seem to recall any of them at the moment. It would probably be more impressive if I could.

I remember at one time I considered majoring in philosophy. But I wasn't sure what the modern application for that would be. I mean, once I graduated, what would be next? Would I set up a sidewalk booth and sell concepts? Of course, any time my wife said she had an idea I could tell her, "Sorry, Dear, I only SELL ideas. But thanks, anyway."

Albert Einstein once said, " The difference between Genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Someone else said that "Geniuses usually don't capitalize the word Genius in the middle of a sentence." I haven't been quoted on this subject, yet.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide what I should do next. I was considering joining MENSA - but I think I have an estrogen deficiency.

No comments: