Sunday, May 28, 2006

Death Sentence

I came home from the doctor the other day and my wife could tell there was something wrong just by looking at me. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"I got some bad news at the doctor." I replied.

"What?" she asked again, with more urgency.

"There is a possibility that I'm going to have a bleeding ulcer."

"Oh," she said. "Well that's not so bad. From the way you looked I thought it was worse." She sounded encouraging, trying to lighten my mood.

"It may be worse. A lot worse." I intoned.

"What do you mean?"

"There is also a possibility that I could have kidney failure, aggravated hypertension, deafness, blurred vision, difficulty breathing and maybe heart failure." I answered.

"Oh my God," she said, putting her hands over her mouth. "What do you have?"

"A prescription." I replied. "Those are the possible side affects. The doctor says I have the early stages of arthritis."

No comments: