Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Eternal Embrace

Scientists recently unearthed the 5,000 year old remains of a couple caught in an eternal embrace. Just the other day the archaeologists have determined that they can save the tableau intact. I've been wondering about why and how this couple got this way.

The initial presumption, by most people, is that they were in love. It has been speculated that they were either young lovers who died in each others arms during some sort of natural disaster or that they were an older couple who wanted to spend eternity as they had lived their lives.


"It doesn't seem like a day over 3,600 years, dear."


Those are pretty theories which, as we all know, is the basis of most current science. I have a few theories of my own so I guess that makes me sort of an honorary scientist today. I hope I don't do anything to embarrass my scientifical colleagues.

Theory One: The couple is comprised of a doddering billionaire and his "fresh from the sex industry" wife. She expected to quickly outlive him and enjoy his fortune. Unfortunately, local custom required that she be buried with him and the rest of his "property".

Theory Two: They were having a "staring contest" to see who would have to milk the goat. It kinda got out of hand.

Theory Three: This is history's first recorded Super Glue accident.

Theory Four: The Olsen Twins latest diet.

Theory Five: This is a double "morning breath" homicide.

Theory Six: "I wonder if I turned the gas off?"

Theory Seven:
In the early days, Cupid used real arrows.


.

No comments: